- Collected Information
I aim to comply with all the following Principles from Schedule 1 of the UK Data Protection Act (see Data Protection below). Data can be collected and processed during the operations of my website. The following are ways I may perform these actions:
1.1 Data regarding your visit(s) to my website and any resources used are collected. The following is included and not limited to: location data, weblogs, cookies, traffic data, and any other communication information.
1.2 Any forms you filled out on my site allows us to collect data such as registering for information or when you complete a registration or other action.
1.3 If for any reason you communicate with me via this I may collect that information.
- My Use of Your Information
Information stored or collected regarding you helps me improve and offer services you need. The following list contains how I might use your data:
2.1 Any request you make of my site allows me to use information you provided. I will not send information unless prior consent has been explicitly received in compliance with EU General Data Protection (GDPR) Regulations (that came into force 25/05/2018 and those relating to Privacy and Electronic Communications (PECR), Data Protection and any other legislation mandated by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
2.2 Changes or improvements made to the site can warrant use of your information, with regard to notification of such changes.
2.3 An existing user who has agreed to provide any personally identifiable information may be contacted services related to MediaTaylor but only where this permission has been explicitly provided.
2.4 I only send communications you have consented to.
2.5 Anyone who does not wish to give consent for this site usage has the opportunity to decline. Once I receive your withdrawal of consent I will remove your details from any communication and systems.
2.6 None of the information collected about you will offer personally identifiable characteristics/data. Information will not be shared with third parties unless legally required.
- Personal Data Storage
3.2 Information provided will be stored on 3rd party servers.
3.3 You should understand data via online transmission is not completely secure. I cannot guarantee full protection and security data, only that I shall take all reasonable action to protect information sent to us electronically. Transmission of any data by you is at your own risk. Where applicable you may be given access to sections of my site that require a password. You are responsible for the passwords safety and confidentiality.
- Information Disclosure
4.1 At times I may disclose personal information to companies or individuals involved with work undertaken by me. This can include subsidiaries, holding companies, or any other subsidiaries involved in my endeavours, if applicable.
4.2 Third Party disclosure may occur for the following reasons:
- Selling any or all of this website and its content to a third party may result in sharing your information.
- At any time when I am legally required to I may disclose information about you and your visits to my site.
- To prevent fraud and help in fraud protection in order to reduce credit risk, I may disclose information.
- Third Party Links
- Information Accessibility
I cannot withhold data I collect about you, as per The Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU GDPR regulations (until the date when Britain leaves the EU). If you wish to have access my data held about you then I will (where legally applicable) ask you to pay a reasonable fee to cover my costs for processing your request and getting the data to you. Please use the contact details below to formulate your data access request.
- Contacting Me
- allow users to comment on stories
- store a reference to a form, this allows the user to complete it over multiple sessions
- distribute workload across web servers
- analyse user statistics
Note: if you do decline the download of cookies, some aspects of this site may not work.
I aim to comply with all the following Principles from Schedule 1 of the UK Data Protection Act as well as the UK Data Protection Bill (2018):
Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act lists the data protection principles in the following terms:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless:
(a) at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and
(b) in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
- Richard Taylor and this site are registered with the Information Commissioners Office and Data Controller is Richard Taylor
- Copyright Richard Taylor trading as MediaTaylor 2019