The first version of my simple test for anyone serious about edtech was published in 2014. This is the updated version, but for this is just a first filter and anyone who gets past it (no cheating on Google) then face the far trickier Taylor’s Secret edtech test!
- How many edtech unicorns have $1bn+ revenue?
- Which UK govt school’s edtech business made £16m profits?
- Who was the 19thC UK teacherpreneur whose product used sponsorship and technological innovation to launch the correspondence education movement?
- Founded in 2011 which UK edtech business raised £2m from investors and how much was sold to the Telegraph Media Group in 2017 for?
- What was the original name of Learn Capital and which for which company did they run a $10m edtech innovation fund?
- Which high profile media entrepreneur previously owned the Times Education Supplement (TES)?
- How large is the estimated unfunded liability of the England & Wales Teachers Pension Scheme (TPS)? £800m, £2.5bn, £432bn or £62.85bn? £432bn
- Which UK education company made approx £20m EBITDA in both 2019 & 2020?
- Which UK edtech startup founded in 2020 delivered more 120m lessons by May 2021?
- Which is the 2nd most expensive boarding school in the world (hint it’s in Switzerland)?
If you want the answers contact me via email, Twitter etc, but if you get less than 7/10 then maybe edtech isn’t for you (don’t worry that applies to 99/9% of the population).Extra credit if you spotted, can read my and know the story behind the email address on my old (1998) plastic business card.